The Protection of God

Good morning! It's another rainy day today. The trees are already starting to shed their leaves. I love looking at the wonderful colors Fall brings. Down here at the south, we hardly get severe cold weather and when we do, it is hard for us unlike those who live up north. I love the Fall. 

I believe that God looks out for us all the time even though we may not realize it. The night before last we had some steady rain with the winds whipping all throughout the night. By the time it was morning, the road where we live was a sea of leaves. After waking up my daughter to get ready for school, the time did not go the way it usually does. Somehow or the other, we were fifteen minutes behind the usual. I was a bit perplexed because it seemed as we lost some time. Did I get up from bed later or idled away the time? No. We had to rush a bit for her to finish getting ready. I brushed aside the lapse in time, thinking maybe somehow we were not paying too much attention.
When we got to the school, there was an accident right in the turn lane to the school. It caused a lot of traffic especially when the buses were being off their schedules. We had to make a little detour and went to the other side to drop her off. On our way back, I started talking to my husband and then a notion hit me. If we were on our usual time, it could have been us in that accident because that would have been around the same time we would have been leaving the school to turn back onto the main road. It is hard for me not to believe that God was looking out for us and delayed us with that time confusion. Maybe or maybe not, but I do know that the Lord is merciful and He is our Protector. Whatever it was, I just want to thank Him for keeping us safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break