Pawprints on our hearts

Today made a week since my pet bassett hound, Belle went missing. We've looked, called and used the internet to find her but no luck. Sometimes, I think she would just be there waiting when I get home or open the door and it would be just like before. Sometimes at night, I hear the neighbor's dogs barking and I would think I hear "voice" but then I know it is not. 
She was like part of our family and has been with us for over eleven years now. I just wish I knew what happened to her. Did someone steal her? Had she been hit and is lying on the side of a ditch somewhere? Is she injured and cannot get help? We even called Animal Control to see if they'd picked her up but no luck. I'd prefer her to be stolen and well taken care of than to be gone.
This is just another of life's experiences we all must go through- pain and loss. It hurts even still. Praying that we can still find her. There is always hope. Leah Belle, you have left pawprints on our hearts! We love you!

Photography © Anna-Maria Glover

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Taking a break