Life in pieces

Life in pieces

When I was a little girl, I used to love doing jigsaw puzzles. Even to this day, I enjoy doing it though I hardly have time for that anymore. I never liked doing the easy ones like the hundred piece puzzles. I used to want the 500 piece and higher. Give me a 1000 piece and I would be thrilled to work on it. I have even done some 5000 piece puzzles and they gave me a thrill of a lifetime!  Now mind you, some 100 piece puzzles can be very challenging like the ones with all candy or coins or flowers etc. I just love the fact that a larger amount piece puzzle gave me more time to spend on them. 
My strategy on doing a jigsaw puzzle? I make the "frame" first by getting the edges all hooked together. Then I would fill in the "insides". I hated the skies (if there were any) and would leave those for last. Most time, I hardly look at the box cover apart from the cursory glance every now and then to detect something on a piece. I have some favorite memories of puzzles I made and they included autumn scenery with the colorful leaves on the trees, a harbor with the sailboats and yachts anchored and lovely buildings in the background. One that stands out in my mind is that of some cattle grazing in the pasture with a grove of trees in the background on a bright sunny day. Coincidentally, where I live has a similar scenery that I pass by every time I travel to town. It brings back warm memories of those days solving jigsaw puzzles. 
Great memories but the thing is, sometimes doing the puzzle can be very frustrating especially when you have spent a lot of time muddling over the pieces. Sometimes against my will, I needed to get away from the puzzle and just do something else because the more time I spend concentrating on the puzzle and not getting the right piece, the more I feel aggravated. I may have to return and start on another part of the puzzle. Life is just like that. Our life is like a jigsaw puzzle and sometimes, we feel that things are not falling into place as we thought they would. Things happen to aggravate us and we get frustrated because we are not moving as fast as we thought we would in achieving our goals or getting things done the way we want.
You see, God has a bigger and better plan for us. We need to stop concentrating on the puzzle pieces of our lives but rather on Him. He can see the end results- the complete picture. In fact, we cannot see the full picture at all so we are trying to put a puzzle together without knowing how the end result would look. Our job is not to know what the picture looks like but rather to trust Him and let Him guide us to the correct pieces we need to connect. Sometimes, it means that we have to stop looking for a particular piece and start working on another. We have to "laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason". God bless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break