Delicious jalapeno soup

I've been wanting to make this soup for a while now but haven't got around to doing it so yesterday, I made sure that I got some fresh jalapenos and my other ingredients that I would need for it. If you like jalapeno and spicy stuff, then you may probably enjoy it. I know that I do. One of my friends gave me this recipe and a while ago and I had made it once. I do not know where she got it from so I cannot give credit to the owner. My hubby enjoyed it and that was good enough for me :). Now, this recipe is versatile in that you can add whatever you want to the basic soup such as chicken, sausages, potato, bacon. I added chicken to mine. Scroll down below for the recipe.




INGREDIENTS:

1 stick butter

1 medium onion, diced finely

2 bell peppers, diced

3 (or more-depending on how spicy you like it) jalapenos (seeded and diced)

1/2 cup flour

2 cans low sodium chicken broth

1 quart heavy cream or half and half

salt to taste

black pepper to taste

OPTIONAL (grated cheese, cooked diced potatoes, cooked shredded chicken, or bacon, sausage). You can use any type of cheese you prefer and substitute according to your taste.

METHOD:

 In a medium dutch oven, melt butter. Then add your onions, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers. Stir slightly. Cook for about 8-10 minutes on low heat.

Add the flour and keep stirring so that there are no lumps and the flour gets cooked for about two minutes.

Add the chicken stock to mixture. Stir and bring to a medium boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for another 8 minutes.

Finally add your cream, salt pepper, potatoes and chicken. Cook until heated through. Sprinkle your cheese on it before you eat.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break