Pain can be a barrier to enjoying your life


Pain can be a barrier to enjoying your life:

It's been a long time since I have blogged here. It's not that I didn't want to but I just couldn't seem to make the time for it. For the past couple years and a half, I have been dealing with my health worsening from one issue to the next. As time went on, I had to deal with constant pains and going to the doctor more regularly. Now, I am taking different medications and it seems that I have been getting more added to the list. I have to take medications every day and some of the meds I would have to take for the rest of my life. These pains were causing me anxiety and worry especially since the varied tests I had to do did not yield what exactly was causing them. I constantly prayed to God about what I was going through. Some days I was okay with it. Other times when the pains became very intolerable, I would feel helpless because I was becoming incapacitated in doing the things that we all take for granted. Things like vacuuming, mopping, moving furniture, running, jumping rope, pushups, even walking at a fast pace. I couldn't do any of these without getting extreme pains and flare ups for days. It was all getting me down. I hated the fact that I was starting to feel depressed from all this. Can a Christian become depressed? Yes! I do rely on God to handle my life. Without Him, I am nothing but being in the flesh, I still can experience the sadness seeing how my life was filled with not being able to do the things I once enjoyed. I am a creative person. I love crafting but I hadn't crafted in years. I would sometimes look at all the craft supplies that I have in my craft room and not feel motivated to do anything with them. I have unfinished crafts waiting to be taken care of. 
All during this time, I prayed daily to God about my troubles. I know God's timing is always perfect and I didn't know when my prayers would be answered. Sometimes God answers our prayers in ways we do not expect. Recently, my life had started to change. I felt as if the Lord was directing me because of the calmness and peace I got. I do write as often as I can, but haven't published any more books in over a year. A few months ago, I started going to my favorite cafe and sit at a cozy breakfast nook. I loved it because it was so peaceful to me even amongst the chatter of the other patrons. The nook is usually occupied by others who go there to work on their laptops etc. I would take my notebook and pens. Usually, I would do my writing on the computer but I felt as if God wanted me to write somewhere new. I began to write a lot more that way. I would go there twice and sometimes three times a week and enjoy a solitary breakfast. It was very calming and my mind became rejuvenated. This has become something I look forward to every week. Now, I feel as if the barriers my pains have created, are now being broken down. I still have my pains. I still have to use the various medications every single day but the Lord is showing me that I can still achieve my dreams. I have written a lot more than I had been writing. These past few weeks, I have also been crafting! Today, I painted on canvas for hours and felt the enjoyment I thought I had lost. I can still have joy even with the pains. With God, nothing is impossible! (Matthew 19:26)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break