Get rid of all the junk in your life



Junk, junk and more junk- everywhere! Junk in our homes, our workplaces, in the street, in our bodies and in our lives. We can all relate to that, can't we? Even if it is something nice and it serves no real purpose in our lives, it is considered junk. I hate junk. I hate clutter. It makes me overwhelmed when I see so much stuff surrounding me. I'll be honest and say that I have a lot of junk around that I need to get rid of. How about you? Do you need to get rid of some junk too? If you do, how does it make you feel? I know when I clean up and get rid of stuff, the place looks so much nicer and it makes me feel better.
Let me tell you about my hubby. He is a very hard worker. In fact, he works so hard that he can barely sit still. He is always piddling around doing some thing or the other. A couple years ago, he bought a piece of property where he can keep his growing number of farm animals. The piece of land he got had a bunch of trees and brush along with two abandoned old chicken houses. A lot of trees had to be cleared along with the brush. A fence had to be put up on the perimeter of the property. That was obvious for us as new owners. We also knew that we had to clear up the junk that we were shocked to discover inside the old chicken houses. He'd seen the garbage there and never realized how much there was until he started getting rid of it. It seemed as if it was never ending. It literally took months just to get rid of those garbage. There were old broken furniture, toys, rusted cans, rusted broken pieces of tools and a whole lot of other stuff apart from the awful muck and dust. Prior to purchase, the property looked okay from the outside. Then when it was time to clean, we then began to see how much work (labor, time and money) it took to make it presentable. Blood, sweat and tears is what resulted but the end result made it worth it. Fast forward to today. The property is very nice and anyone who knew the "before" look would always be amazed at how it looks today. Clean, walkable, driveable and no longer an eyesore.
We have so much junk in our lives that we need to get rid of. Not only what is in our homes, but what is in our hearts. There are too many thoughts that bombard us. If you put on the tv or surf the internet, you would also be bombarded with junk. Just go on to the social media and you know what I mean. Your newsfeed keeps updating the junk.
We must keep our minds and thoughts clear. Nothing should keep us from focussing on the Lord and what He wants us to do. We should not allow distractions to pull us away into worldly matters. Many times I go online to do some writing and I get distracted by some email or a newsfeed. It is so easy to get distracted. In order for me to focus, I have to keep away from the things that distract me. I have to keep the junk in my life from being piled up. My hubby has the property looking nice but he has to upkeep it in order for it to continue to stay looking decent. The same thing applies to us. Getting rid of junk is not a one-time thing. It's an everyday thing. Keep focussed on what you are supposed to be doing and do not let distractions lead you to a junk build up. Get rid of the junk in your life- one day at a time. God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break