There is a reason for your detours in life

There is a reason for your detours in life.

Sometimes things happen in our lives to slow us down or guide us in a certain direction. Maybe the Lord has a detour for us to see something we may not have otherwise seen. Think of it like you are on a journey to somewhere. You are anxious to get to your destination and then the road that you are familiar with, is under construction. There is a huge detour. Along that detour route, you notice a beautiful view or come across something that you wouldn't have had if you were traveling on your familiar route.
My chronic pains are getting the better of me. Yesterday morning I was able to get out of bed almost eleven o' clock. It can be very frustrating. There is so much stuff to do. My weekly schedule is full with chores, errands, my daughter's volleyball practices and games, appointments to make and keep, bills to remember to pay and so on. My drafts need to be revised and edited. I am anxious to get them done but it seems as if the Lord wants me to slow down. When the pains come, I feel as if I cannot function much anymore. I am awake in the mornings but I lay in bed, not wanting to move because of the pains.
I know that the Lord is always with me- no matter what situation I face in life. I can feel His presence. I know He loves me. I have His joy. Sometimes, I forget it and feel tired of all the things I am now restricted at. The Lord works in mysterious ways. He gives us reminders all the time. If I wasn't having these chronic pains, I wouldn't have had the detours. I wouldn't have "met" those women who have similar symptoms as myself. I wouldn't have been in this Christian group and gotten to know wonderful ladies who pray for one another. I wouldn't have met my special prayer warrior who constantly checks on me to make sure that I am okay. Yes, these detours are now my blessings. So no matter what happens in your journey, remember that there is a reason for your detours in life. God bless and enjoy the new view!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break