Thank you for loving me

Isn't it amazing that we know things but we just don't realize how powerful it is? I know God loved me enough to send His only Begotten Son, Jesus to die for me and provide the only way to Heaven by trusting in Him. I am so thankful for everything He has done for me in my life and for the future blessings I am going to receive. I thank Him every day. I trust Him in the good times and the bad times. I know He has blessed me even when I mess up in life. He has shown me His Grace and Mercy numerous times.  I trust in Him to take care of me. I am proud to be a Christian. I have faults and make a mess daily. Each day is a new struggle, a new obstacle to overcome. I need God in my life- all the time. I am lost without Him.
Yesterday I was looking at Joyce Meyer on tv and enjoying her show when she made mention of a particular phrase that triggered off an epiphany. Yes, I know those words. I have said it before. I have thought it too but never really connected to myself. I have experienced it but it was as if someone tugged at my heart. I know it was the Holy Spirit. The words she said that caused the trigger? Simple three words:

"God loves you."

That sounds silly but I know those words. I have told others about it many times. I have experienced God's love over and over again. I have trusted Him to be my Savior many years ago. I know His love. Confused yet? Well, I know He is merciful to me and have answered my prayers over and over again in many different ways. Yesterday, I stopped to think fully on those words before my other thoughts invaded and threw them in a mental filing cabinet.  GOD LOVES ME. GOD LOVES ME. GOD LOVES ME

Yes, He has saved me from an eternity in hell. Yes, He has boundless mercy and grace towards me. Yes, He has been faithful and just in my life. I know all that. I know He loves me but yesterday, it was as if I felt His Love shining in my heart as a reminder that He is still there for me. You see, I have been having a lot of health issues and my work has been suffering from it. I was getting a bit depressed. I pray all lot. Every day. I depend on His Strength to see me through the trials in life along with the good moments. I guess what I am really saying is that I felt His Spiritual Hug- letting me know that He is still with me. He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Thank you God. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Sweet Holy Spirit. Thank you for loving me.

Photo credit: Bethany Legg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break