Be imperfectly perfect


Photography is one of my passions. I love taking out pictures of anything and everything- whatever catches my fancy. I look around me wherever I go and start taking mental photos if I do not have my camera in hand. Today, as I got home from running errands, I noticed how my rose bushes were starting to bloom. There were new buds popping up everywhere. They were all in different stages of maturity. Perfection is the word that came to my mind. I went upstairs and grabbed my camera and hurried outside to get some shots. As I neared closer to the roses, I noticed that a few of them were not perfect. Some had darkened areas, some had tiny holes in them while others did not have perfectly formed petals. I still pressed the shutter button. I wanted to capture them all. I loved how the blooms look as a whole. I admire each one. Though some of the "perfectly" formed roses looked fantastic, the other roses still bloomed where they were. They made part of the picture as well. They still added color to the bushes. They contributed just as well as the other "perfect" roses. 
You know, that is how God looks at us. We are not perfect. No one is - even though there are some who may seem perfect. We each have our own flaws. We are different from each other. That means each of us is a uniquely created being. Just like those roses are different from each other. We also contribute to the big picture as well. Every person is important in God's eyes. He is not a respecter of persons. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. The sun shines on us all. Let us all remember that no matter what we are or who we are, we can contribute to the bigger picture. We do not have to look at what others are doing. We just bloom where we are planted and be imperfectly imperfect.

Photo ©Anna-Maria Glover


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break