Physical reminders of God's Word in my life

Yesterday I was cleaning out my bedside table drawers and found one of my notebooks I'd crafted years ago. I'd personalized it to make it my own prayer journal/diary/reminder. That was in the year 2009. As I flipped through the pages, I was reminded of what I did and experienced. You see, I was going through different things in my life such as health problems etc. They were causing me anxiety, stress and worry. I began to realize that they were making me take my eyes off God and focus more on my problems. I'd made that special book to help me keep my eyes on Him instead and not on my situations. Here is how I specialized the journal:

* I got me cheap notebook. I paid $0.25 for it on clearance at a certain superstore, but you usually can get it at any dollar store.
* I took some scrapbook paper and covered it to hide the ugly cover.
*I then punched out some card stock tags and decorated the front. I wrote one of my special scripture on it.
*Using the book as a sort of diary, I would write down my feelings. Then I would find a scripture from the Bible that would be relevant to help remind me. I took a few pictures to show you what I mean.
*Whenever I felt a certain worry or distraction, I would use that book to flip through and read those scriptural reminders.
*It was mainly to help relieve stress, but I also used the book to write down good things that happened and gave God thanks. I used scriptures for that too.









Fast forward to 2016 and I know that God's Word is still alive today. Those reminders are still powerful in my life. I haven't written in that book for years but I still use the reminders to help me. I still have health problems. In fact, they are worse than in 2009 but I know for a fact Who is in control. I just need to remind myself to keep calm and pray on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God takes care of His own

Pawprints on our hearts

Taking a break